Note: Currently all places are taken
This year, it will finally be "A Girls' Matter of IT Security" again at SerNet, when this year's Girls' Day - Girls' Future Day is scheduled for April 28, 2022. Schoolgirls will then have the chance to get to know the varied activities of IT specialists in the IT security industry on site at Göttingen Media House. The offer is listed in the Girls'Day radar, registration takes place directly there.
The day starts at 10 am at SerNet (Bahnhofsallee 1b, 37081 Göttingen). Supervised by our computer scientists in training, schoolgirls are to be given an uncomplicated introduction and get to know the diverse areas of work. In keeping with the original idea of the Future Day, SerNet is exclusively targeting girls and wants to introduce them to IT as a career field. In keeping with the tradition of role models such as Ada Lovelace, Grace Hopper, Hedy Lamarr, Margaret Hamilton and Marianne Laqueur, who were pioneers and even made IT a "women's issue".
"Samba" is one of SerNet's main fields of activity - be it development, support, providing the SAMBA+ packages or organizing conferences. The open source SMB implementation is developed by an international community (see also Samba Team) committed to the highest technological standards and free software principles. Samba has been available since 1992 and is used by many storage OEMs, often going back decades.
In a two-part article available at samba.plus, we've compiled a variety of strengths and benefits that make Samba what it is: a highly reliable SMB stack that continues to evolve. Part One"Strength and Advantages of Samba" takes a look at some of the organizational, technical, and conceptual issues that are often discussed. Part Two "Technical milestones and improvements on the horizon" discusses exactly that: technical milestones and emerging advances. We highlight important Samba contributions that SerNet's Samba team developers - Volker Lendecke, Stefan Metzmacher and Ralph Böhme - are still working on.
Do you have any questions? Or would you like to talk to us about the use of Samba / SAMBA+? Then please contact us.
At the end of an eventful year, SerNet GmbH would like to say thank you. This thanks is due to the colleagues who showed solidarity during the pandemic and without whose solidarity "SerNet" would not exist. Even greater thanks are due to all our customers and business partners, with whom we were able to manage the second Corona year very well.
SerNet has never sent out Christmas cards in 25 years but, as in every year, we have financially supported selected projects and donated to various initiatives in 2021. A total volume of just over 30,000 euros benefited the following causes (in alphabetical order):
- Chemnitzer Linuxtage
- Deutschlandstipendium der Universität Göttingen
- Förderkreis Forum Wissen e.V.
- Gauss-Gesellschaft e.V. Göttingen
- Jugendparlament Göttingen
- "Lift-Off Gründungswettbewerb" der Universität Göttingen
- Tafel Göttingen e.V.
We wish everyone peaceful holidays and all the best, happiness and health for 2022!
The verinice team informs about this on verinice.com: There is already a news about the log4j vulnerability published. More detailed and always updated information as well as the possibility to ask questions can be found in the corresponding thread in the verinice.Forum: https://forum.verinice.com/t/verinice-nicht-betroffen-von-log4j-schwachstelle/
You have further questions about log4j and may need support yourself? Contact SerNet at sales@. sernet.com
- Offices in Göttingen and Berlin are staffed at least with a minimum crew during business hours.
- On-site visits to our customers are reduced to the minimum necessary.
- If possible, we do not postpone any projects, as this crisis will, according to the current state of knowledge, extend well beyond 2021. Delays will be discussed with our customers and negative effects will be reduced as much as possible.
- The capacities of our telephone switchboard has been expanded. Please send email to the known addresses or firstname.lastname@example.org if there are problems with the telephone availability.
- The number and capacity of VPN channels for our customers has been significantly increased to avoid bottlenecks. All customers can simultaneously use all VPN channels managed by SerNet to access their own networks with sufficient bandwidth.