SerNets EnterpriseSAMBA 4.2.1 packages have just been released. This is our first stable release of Samba 4.2.
The major enhancements and new features within Samba 4.2 are:
- Clustering support, CTDB as a part of Samba
- vfs_fruit, a VFS module for OS X clients
- vfs_worm, a VFS module for basic WORM (write once read many) support
- Transparent File Compression (with btrfs)
- Previous File Versions with Snapper (with btrfs)
- Bad Password Lockout in the AD DC
- Winbindd/Netlogon improvements
- Winbindd use on the Samba AD DC (instead of internal winbind service)
- Winbind now requires secured connections
- Larger IO sizes for SMB2/3 by default
- SMB2 leases
- Improved DCERPC man in the middle detection
- Overhauled "net idmap" command
- TDB improvements
- Correct defaults in the smb.conf manpages
- Consistent behaviour between samba-tool testparm and testparm
- Smbclient archival improvements
- Messaging improvements
Attention! Please verify that your Samba AD DC was not set up using the classic upgrade method. If the classic-upgrade was used, we highly recommend to NOT upgrade to the new 4.2 release. The bug report contains detailed information on this issue.
Packages are available for various SUSE and RedHat platforms as well as for Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu and now also for SLES 12:
- Download the EnterpriseSAMBA 4.2.1 packages
To access the packages visit the EnterpriseSAMBA Portal - login with your username and accesskey (not password).